FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 12, 2017
Eli Moua, Marketing Specialist
(920) 338-1111 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Unity Announces 2017 Grief Support Schedule in Northeast Wisconsin
Green Bay, Wis. – Unity, Northeast Wisconsin’s leader in end-of-life care is offering a variety of free grief support programs to the community. These programs are held in the Green Bay area and surrounding communities.\
- Navigating the Waters of Grief is a 5-week support group held in De Pere and is open to any adult member of the community who has experienced the death of a loved one. The group meets 1:30-3:00pm or 6:00-7:30pm.
- Grief Connection is a monthly grief support group for adults which meets the third Thursday of every month from 1:30-3:00pm or 6:00-7:30pm in De Pere. It is recommended, although not mandatory, that participants first attend a 5-week session of Navigating the Waters of Grief.
- Generations – Hope for Grieving Families is a monthly program designed to support grieving families with children and teens ages 6-18. This program is held on the second Thursday of every month from 5:30-7:30pm in the Green Bay area.
- Understanding Grief is a monthly support group held in multiple locations within Unity’s service area for any adult who has experienced the death of a loved one. This year, groups are scheduled in Wausaukee, Marinette, Sturgeon Bay, Kewaunee, Gillett and Shawano.
- Men’s Dinner is a monthly opportunity for bereaved men to gather for informal conversation and support. This program is held on the first Thursday of every month from 6:00-8:00pm at a local Green Bay restaurant.
- Healing Thru the Arts is a hands on creative grief group for adults. The workshop is led by a grief counselor who will provide support and guidance throughout the session.
- Hope and the Holidays is a 5-week support group held in De Pere and is open to any adult member of the community who has experienced the death of a loved one. The group meets 1:30-3:00pm or 6:00-7:30pm beginning Nov. 14 through Dec. 12.
Registration is required by calling Unity’s administrative office at (800) 990-9249 or sending an e-mail to email@example.com. For a complete listing of all of Unity’s support groups scheduled throughout the year in Northeast Wisconsin, visit Unity’s website by clicking here.
Unity is a nonprofit provider of hospice care, palliative care and grief support throughout 13 counties in Northeast Wisconsin with community offices in De Pere, Sturgeon Bay, Marinette, and Shawano. A continuation of Bellin Hospice, founded in 1977, Unity was the first hospice in Wisconsin and the third in the nation. Patients and loved ones are served by more than 235 paid employees and nearly 300 volunteers living the mission of bringing the best end-of-life experience by delivering unwavering strength, compassion and support. Unity is a caring, nonprofit partnership of Bellin Health, HSHS St. Mary’s Hospital Medical Center and HSHS St. Vincent Hospital.