In this time of concern over the spread of COVID-19, please know the health and safety of our patients, families, volunteers and staff are of utmost importance.
Based on guidelines from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and our partner owners HSHS St. Mary’s Hospital Medical Center, HSHS St. Vincent Hospital and Bellin Health, Unity is taking the following important steps to prevent the spread of the illness while pursing our mission to bring the best end of life experience to all:
- Screening patients for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure before each visit
- Limiting visitors at Unity’s Jack & Engrid Meng Hospice Residence
- Self-monitoring of staff for COVID-19 symptoms
- Continuing use of personal protective equipment when appropriate during patient visits
- Limiting visitors at Unity’s Administration building to essential vendors and personnel
- Imposing staff travel and face to face meeting restrictions
- Transitioned in person grief support to a virtual platform
Unity Resale Shoppe re-opened on May 26th and is following state and local guidelines. The use of face masks and hand sanitizer is required upon entering to ensure the safety of our customers, volunteers and staff.
We will continue to monitor the latest information from state and local health departments and adapt our actions as needed over the coming days and weeks to ensure the safety of our communities. Should you have any questions or concerns, please call us at (800) 990-9249 or (920) 338-1111. To learn more about COVID-19, please visit the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.